Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Exciting Events for June 2011!

Dear Friends of Sparky,

I just sent out my new June Newsletter this morning! You can check it out on my Signings & Events page. it's under ARCHIVES on the right. Follow me on FaceBook at Gillian Lee Hutshing. I am excited about these events!
August, 2010 I met the senior library clerk from the Ovitt Family Community Library, Ontario, CA. We met at the UCLA Writers Fair. Lauren graciously invited me to read at her library (6:00PM to 7:30PM) this June 15, 2011.

The Library will publicize in the area includng a press release, mention in Ontario Living Magazine, a poster, and flyers. "These talks are about craft, process, and the publishing industry".

Each month nearly 43,000 Ontario residents enjoy the services of the City's main library facility. This current facility opened on January 17, 2006, after a total renovation and 15,000 sq. ft. expansion. The public now has access to dozens of electronic workstations, wireless computer access, a large community room, and a Children's Story time room.

Gil Reads to Hilltop School Crop, color fix

Also, MarketingtheMuse expert, and Santa Barbara Writers Conference editor Marla Miller has invited me to participate at the 39th Annual Santa Barbara Writers Conference: Afternoon Writers Workshop (1:00PM to 3:30PM) Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at the Santa Barbara Hotel Mar Monte to discuss multi-platform marketing of my book. I am very excited to be invited to be a featured author at these two important events!



Talk soon,
Gillian & Sparky