Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Photos from Euclid Ave. Elementary School Library Grand Opening! (Fri. Dec. 5th 2008)






The Euclid Ave. Library Grand Opening was amazing!  Hundreds of people were there as well as press, for the event.  During the event the kids sang songs about reading and about the new library.  There was then a ribbon cutting ceremony and I read Sparky to a select group of kids.  They were awesome and so sweet.  They had me sign all of the Sparky items I gave them like the postcards and coloring pages.  Two of the kids asked to help take all of my gear to my car, which was so sweet!  The Principal of the schools invited me to be their next book of the month and come back to read to many of their classes.  I also met the coordinator of "The Wonder of Reading" who supplied the new library with new books.  She asked me to join forces with them and read Sparky the Wonderfish: A story of how love creates magic to all of the LA schools that they represent this coming year!  Sparky is (hopefully) BLOWING UP!!!

Talk soon,
Gillian (and Sparky of course!)