Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sparky Travels to The White House!!!




Hello-

The night before the inauguration of President Barack Obama, I watched a retrospective of his life on television.  On it he said he wanted to invite kids to The White House for children's book readings to help encourage literacy in the US.  I was stunned and amazed that he was planning something so perfectly in tune with what I am doing with various programs, charities, schools, libraries, etc.  I wrote him a letter and sent a signed copy of Sparky the Wonderfish: A Story of How Love Creates Magic book.  I included a coloring page, stickers, postcard, business card, bookmark and information sheet along with it.  

How in keeping with what I am about, and how exciting to make a bigger impact would it be if I am invited to join in his efforts at The White House?!  EXCITING!

I will keep you posted...

Gillian & Sparky the Wonderfish

P.S.  By the way, if you scroll down to November 14th on this blog, you will see a photo (from Barnes & Noble Booksellers in LA) of 'Sparky the Wonderfish' on display right next to Michelle Obama's book!  Is it a sign?