Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Joining forces with THE WONDER OF READING!



Hello-
Last week at the Euclid Ave. Elementary School Grand Opening several really cool things happened.  Besides it being so fun already, I was approached by a woman from THE WONDER OF READING program.  They supplied the books for the new library at Euclid Ave.  The Wonder of Reading focuses on Los Angeles's most disadvantaged children.  They use the 3R's Program (Renovate, Restock and Read).  They have successfully renovated 187 libraries and overseen the purchase of more than $2,000,000 worth of new books.  The Program Coordinator, Eliza Karagezian asked me to join in their efforts and read at as many of their schools as I could, and I said YES, I would love to.  That is what Sparky the Wonderfish: A story of how love creates magic is all about, helping the underdog and triumph over adversity.  So I am thrilled to help with their literacy program.  I will be joining forces with them starting in early 2009.

I was also asked by the Principal to return to the Euclid Ave. Elementary School to read Sparky to more of their classes.  I think they are going to make Sparky the Wonderfish their book of the month, which would mean all grades will be reading Sparky and doing a book report on it!  So great!